Thursday, April 4, 2013

Magic Lantern Guides: Canon EOS Rebel T2i/EOS 550D Multimedia Workshop [Hardcover]

Magic Lantern Guides: Canon EOS Rebel T2i/EOS 550D Multimedia Workshop [Hardcover]
I'm relatively new to the DSLR world so take that into account concerning my review. The book that came was quite small and an easy 1-2 hour read. It wasn't very specific to the camera and it was really just a broad overview of DSLR capabilities and photography. I wasn't really very impressed with it but they made up for it with the quality of the 2 included DVDs. One is a basic intro to photography and how to get the most out of your DSLR. It's not camera specific and probably of little use to an experienced photographer but is a good start for entry level folks like myself. The other is a hands on overview of the T2i and each of it's menus and functions. It's probably not much more info that you'll find in the manual but I found that I was actually learning the info instead of just reading and forgetting it like I usually do with manuals. At the end of the 90 minute video I had learned some new tricks and had a much better understanding of how to operate my camera. I would highly recommend this to beginners and maybe even folks switching from film. As for experience photographers I would say just read the manual, you shouldn't be looking at this product anyway ;)

p.s. I bought this camera more for independent film making and the video did actually discuss the video functions briefly. Nothing that will teach you how to make the next blockbuster indy, but if you're new it at least helps you get started.

Magic Lantern Guides: Canon EOS Rebel T2i/EOS 550D Multimedia Workshop [Hardcover]


Features

    No comments:

    Post a Comment